What should I do if my drains are blocked? 1/2

What should I do if my drains are blocked?

Post 1/2

What should I do if my drain is blockedA blocked drain can be a huge inconvenience and source of stress. Depending on where the blockage is, there are plenty of options for you to get rid of the blockage.

If the blocked drain is in the public sewer system, then you will need to contact your local water board. The main way to establish if the problem is in this area is to check with your neighbours and see if they are experiencing the same issues as you.

If, however, your neighbours are not having the same problems with their drains, then the blocked drain is likely somewhere in your property which means it is up to you to clear the blockage. You can either do this yourself, or you can call a professional drain technician. We highly recommend calling a drain engineer, as there is a large amount of risk in doing it yourself, particularly if you do not know the size or nature of the blockage.

A professional drain engineer is trained in all blockage removal techniques and is skilled and experienced in clearing blockages, so will always guarantee a high quality service. If you are unsure of what you are doing, or do not have the right equipment, something will inevitably go wrong and this can lead to a multitude of bigger problems that will end up costing you more time and money.

It is far better to nip the issue in the bud by calling a professional blocked drain Leeds contractor, who will be more than happy to help you get rid of the problem quickly and efficiently, and for a great deal.